I was back at it (again) in the studio this week. I’m to the point now that I need to see if I can establish some sort of regular schedule again. I’ve set a goal of two nights a week for now.
The first night was mainly experimentation. Finding out just how out of shape I am, where my skills are at, that sort of thing. I threw 2 pieces in a little over an hour. I’m a rather slow thrower, so that wasn’t terribly bad. Then I cut them down the middle to look at wall thickness, bottom, etc. They actually weren’t too bad, considering I’d used the clay thats been in the bag for 3-4 months and was almost too stiff to be usable. I’d wedged some water back in, but it was still pretty bad.
The second night, new clay. World of difference. Actually made a couple pieces that might see the kiln.
I have some terra sig that I started in January in the garage that needs some attention. It’s been settled and siphoned once, and been setting ever since. Since it’s settled, I think I might try siphoning off some of the top water to shortcut the evaporation/concentration a bit. Then I want to see what it does on my pots.